Ductless Mini Splits in Corona
Experience the Ductless Difference with Efficient and Convenient Air Conditioning
If your home doesn't have air ducts, a mini-split system might be right for you. The mini-split gets its name from their small size and their sleek, compact appearance. Throughout North America, there is a growing interest in ductless air conditioning and heating as an alternative to traditional HVAC systems. This type of air conditioner is most often found in multifamily housing units or in add-ons to houses with “non-ducted” heating systems, like hydronic heat, space heaters, and radiant panels.
How Do Ductless Mini Splits Work?
Mini-splits have two main components: an outdoor compressor and condenser and an indoor air-handling unit. The indoor and outdoor units are linked by a conduit that houses the power cable. Some units can have as many as four indoor handling units per one outdoor unit. If you need to, we can locate the outdoor unit 50 feet away from the indoor evaporator. As more homeowners are installing add-ons to their homes, ductless mini splits are becoming a more popular option.
Mini splits are able to reduce energy by using the smallest amount of energy possible and still maintaining comfort levels. The compressors ramp up or down based on the needs of the room and the preferences of those inside it. In addition to a customizable temperature, the compressors can detect and adjust the most ideal power usage for the space.
Ductless Mini Split Benefits
At Red White & Blue HVAC and Plumbing, we can install a ductless mini-split and help you maintain it.
Some of the benefits that those who choose ductless mini splits for their home experience include:
- Maintaining a small size and flexibility in order to heat and cool individual rooms
- Avoiding the extra energy loss that comes with the ductwork and two-speed compression of central forced air systems, saving money and helping the environment
- Having the convenience to turn the system on and off with the click of a few buttons, giving you personalized comfort
- Improving indoor air quality through multi-stage filtration to reduce the amount of dust, bacteria, pollen, toxins, and other allergens in the air
- Having access to a quick and easy installation process, allowing you to enjoy your new air conditioner quickly
- Requiring only minimal maintenance with simple filter cleaning every two weeks
Why Ductless Mini Split Installations Require a Professional
For the right home, mini splits can be convenient, money-saving, and comfortable systems. Even though they are quite simple to operate and maintain once they are installed, there are some important safety measures to be aware of throughout the installation process. Installing these systems requires working with refrigerant lines and making high-voltage electrical connections.
Not only is consulting with a professional the safe step to take, but it is also the legal step to take. In California, as of 2019, all building departments require a qualified third party to guarantee that the system is performing as it was designed to. Considering that only 10% of all HVAC installations nationwide are done properly, this will serve to help you in the long run.
Types of Mini Split Installations
Once you have decided that a mini split is right for your home, it is time to choose the right option for you. The types of mini split systems we can install include:
- Single-zone ductless mini splits. Single-zone ductless mini splits are best for those who need to heat or cool a single, isolated area. This type of unit features a single air handler and single condenser unit. These systems are also the smallest and typically require the simplest installation.
- Dual-zone ductless mini splits. Mini splits are designed to heat or cool multiple areas in a home with two air handlers powered by a single condenser unit. This is the best choice for homeowners who need mini splits to work in multiple rooms throughout a home.
- Multi-zone ductless mini splits. Similar to dual-zone ductless mini splits, multi-zone ductless mini splits heat and cool separate areas. These systems use a condenser unit that can accommodate multiple air handlers. This installation can be slightly complex, but our experienced team is familiar with the specific needs of these units and will make sure your system runs smoothly.
If you are ready to experience the elevated comfort and efficiency that comes with ductless mini splits, call Red White & Blue HVAC and Plumbing or contact us online.
Call for Same Day & Emergency Service
Sometimes, you need help now! At RWB, we are proud to offer same day and emergency appointments. Give us a call at (888) 959-8303 to inquire about our availability.
Financing & Free Estimates Available
We understand that HVAC and plumbing problems aren't usually something you plan for. That's why we offer financing and free estimates to help alleviate the cost.
Family Owned & Operated
We have been living and working in Southern California for over three decades. We know and love this community and feel honored to serve our neighbors. Our customers become a part of the family.
Over 60 Years of Experience
Our team has more than 60 years of combined HVAC and plumbing experience. That means the quality workmanship you receive will far exceed the price you pay for service!
There were no other additional, hidden fees- Kristof T.
I would highly recommend them!- Jessie C.